You? One of your family members? Your best friend? Diagnosed with Diabetes!!!!
No Panic… There’s always a solution. The solution starts with a commitment for a change.
Always put in mind the following:
– The diabetes may occur at any age and can be diagnosed through ‘Fasting Blood Test’ to determine the type and level.
– Diabetes may not be cured fully but ignoring diabetes can damage many systems, organs and tissues of the body.
No matter what’s the level and type of the diabetes, the change and fight shall start by a DIET.
Here’re some tips to follow:
- Get more physical activity.
- Get plenty of fibers.
- Go for whole grains.
- Lose extra weight.
- Skip fad diets and just make healthier choices.
- Both the amount and quality of dietary fat may modify glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity.
- Avoid eating foods with bad fats that are found in many margarine, packaged baked goods, fried foods in most fast-food restaurants.
- To lower your risks switch to whole grains and skip the sugar, especially the sugary drinks. Drink water, coffee or tea instead.
- A diet rich in mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids can help lower your risk of diabetes and heart disease. For protein, replace the steaks, chops, hot dogs, and bacon with nuts, beans, poultry, or fish.
- Swapping out red meat or processed red meat for a healthier protein source, such as nuts, low-fat dairy, poultry, or fish, or for whole grains lowered diabetes risk by up to 35 percent.
Follow the hashtag #FightDiabetes on Social Media & DietCenter’s Accounts to get more tips.