As Winter started 1 month ago; the real cold temperature technically just got started. Nutrition always has a solution to protect yourself… But How?
Besides the regular trends of the Winter, specific food can play a big role in helping facing the cold, protecting against fever and much more…
Here are some tip that can help against cold:
- Ginger root is great for warming the body up on a cold day.
- Green tea will increase your energy as well as warmth.
- Garlic increases both body temperature and metabolism rate. Add it to your hot meals or as part of salad.
- Honey can increase the heat generated by body which makes it excellent as a winter drinks sweetener. However watch out for the additional calories that honey adds to your drinks.
- Black pepper contains a compound called piperine, which is known to have thermogenic properties.
You can also follow the hashtag #DCWinterFood in Instagram to stay updated with the latest information about Winter Cold Food.