Valentine’s Day!!!!!! Some plans are already set and others are still planning. You can enjoy the occasion at a Healthy Level… How???? We are getting you a special recipe for the special day.
Instead of inviting your beloved to a restaurant. Try to cook at home a healthy meal in order to control the quality and amounts of what you eat…
Strawberry & Feta Cheese Spinach Salad:
A special combination for a Heart-Beating occasion.
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups watercress, stems removed
- 2 ½ cups slices fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh chives, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup feta cheese in cubes
- Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and feta cheese
Grilled Marinated Wild Salmon:
Go wild.. & enjoy your valentines dinner with your beloved offering this delicious meal rich in omega 3 the heart second lover after you.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season fillets with salt and pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, sugar, green onions, and cilantro. Pour marinade over salmon; cover, and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Arrange salmon on a broiling sheet. Place in a preheated oven, and bake for 5 minutes. Increase heat to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C), turn fillets, and broil 5 minutes more.
Sour Cherry Sorbet:
Beautify your heart with this delicious hearty treat. The RED color in cherries has a positive impact in your heart.
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grape juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and pulse until blended.
- Pour into a freezer container. Cover and freeze until firm.