This week we will be talking about the immune system, food and vitamins that can boost your immunity and answering some questions frequently asked by our clients, facebook followers sand twitter.
1. Does the food we eat have a significant effect on the immune system?
Yes, what we eat really affects our immune system.Protein, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, certain vitamin sand minerals are all keys to a healthy immune system.
2. How does protein intake affect the immune system?
Deficiency of protein especially high quality protein, like those in eggs and fish can result in depletion of immune cells, inability of the body to make antibodies and other immune-related problems. In addition, studies have shown that the immune system can be significantly compromised with even a 25% reduction in adequate protein intake.
3. Which vitamins can boost our immunity?
Some of the vitamins that can boost immune system are Vitamin C, A,D ,E, B-vitamins.
4. Which food can boost immunity?
Some of the foods are oranges, papaya, berries, bell pepper,cabbage, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, parsley, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, nuts, eggs and fish.
5. Are there any spices that can be added to food in order to boost immunity?
Yes, adding, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and oregano will help build the immune system in order to fight off colds and can even be taken at the onset of a cold to reduce the effects.
6. Will eating whole grains product have a positive effect on immunity?
True, include them in your diet and avoid refined and processed ingredients. This will increase energy levels and help the immune system to function and protect you from catching a cold.
7. Does having a stressful day affect the immune system?
Yes, so take it easy! Cortisol levels increase during stress weakening the body’s immune system and making it more susceptible to infections