Taco Dish recipe
Nutrition Content (per serving):
– 300g of 95 percent lean ground beef
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1/4 cup water
– can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
– 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
– 1 onion, minced
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 head green leaf lettuce
– 1/2 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
– 2 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 32 chips)
– 4 tablespoons fat-free yogurt
1. In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally until done. Add the chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Add the water and stir to combine. Add the beans and continue to cook until warmed through.
2. In a small bowl, prepare the salsa by combining the tomatoes, peppers and onions. Mix in the lemon juice and salt.
3. To assemble the salad, toss together the lettuce, cheese and tortilla chips. Top with meat mixture, salsa and yogurt.